1503 2BS Gold is a rarity in Australian Commercial Radio. Since 1969 Bathurst Broadcasters has been locally owned and operated by Ron and Stephanie Camplin who live at the top of William Street in Bathurst and who are very much hands on in the day to day operation of the company.
Winner of more than 70 Commercial Radio Awards since 1989, 2BS is an adult contemporary talk radio station, whose announcers are personalities informing and entertaining listeners in Bathurst, Blayney, Oberon and surrounds.
Our Alumni include; Celina Edmonds – Sky News, Charlie Croucher – 9 Network U.S. Correspondent, Hamish McDonald – The Project, Hugh Whitfeld – Channel 7 European Correspondent, Tim Webster – Sky.
With a core audience made up of listeners 25 years plus, 2BS is the focal point of area community and promotional activities. Community service in the form of live and recorded community service announcements, and lost and found announcements very much define who we are. 2BS features a gold music format along with comprehensive Local and National News.
- 1925 – 2BS’s predecessor 2MK began broadcasting.
- 1936 – The Licence for 2BS was issued.
- 1937 – 2BS began broadcasting in Bathurst on the 1st of January.
- 1964 – Ron Camplin joined the International Broadcasters Idea Bank.
- 1969 – After several years of ownership and a change to the 2BS transmission site at Eglinton, Sir Frank Packer sold 2BS to Ron Camplin.
- 1986 – 2BS is one of few regional radio stations that joined with metropolitan stations in broadcasting a Stereo AM signal.
- 1989 – 2BS won its first Australian Commercial Radio Award (ACRA). In the nearly 30 years since, Bathurst Broadcasters has won more than 70 Awards.
- 1995 – Ron Camplin was awarded an “O.A.M.” Order of Australia for services to Commercial Radio Broadcasting and the Local Community.
- 1996 – 2BS’s supplementary licence, 99.3 B-Rock FM began broadcasting on the 2nd of December.
- 2002 – Ron Camplin was the recipient of the 12th“Radio Achievement Award” for his tenacity in pursuing FM licences for regional areas throughout Australia and he was inducted into the Commercial Radio Australia “Hall Of Fame”.
- 2005 – 2BS receives Federal Government Blackspot Funding, introducing FM services in Blayney 89.3Mhz, Burraga 88.1Mhz and Sofala 90.1Mhz (an Oberon service 105.5Mhz is introduced several years later).
- 2008 – Bathurst Regional Council named and presented its new and prestigious “Ron Camplin Award” to Ron Camplin in August.
- 2015 – Six Bathurst Broadcasters Staff Members were named Bathurst 200 Living Legends – Ron Camplin, Stephanie Camplin, Phil Cole, Noela Sikora, Kerry Peck and Benny Hope.
- 2017 – Stephanie Camplin was awarded an “O.A.M.” Order of Australia for services to the community and regional broadcasting.
- 2018 – Ron Camplin celebrates his 70th year in Commercial Radio.
- 2019 – Ron and Stephanie Camplin will celebrate 50 years of ownership of 2BS.